The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Urban Systems is an intensive one-year degree program that equips you with the high-level technical skills needed to develop practical and sustainable solutions to meet the challenges associated with large urban infrastructure systems.
There is a growing demand for talented professionals with a confident understanding of engineering and urban planning and who have the management and leadership skills to guide large and complex projects. Graduates of this program will be highly sought after for their unique combination of leadership and technical sector-specific skills.
Propel your career forward
This unique master’s degree program will:
- prepare you to assume the professional responsibilities of managing all facets of urban infrastructure systems;
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain;
- provide a dynamic learning environment that follows a project-based curriculum;
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and local leaders in infrastructure systems and urban planning; and
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication.
You are eligible for this program if you meet the MEL admission requirements and you have:
- an undergraduate degree in a discipline related to urban systems (a degree in engineering is not required for program entry); and
- two or more years of relevant work experience.
As a graduate of this program, you will have the technical and leadership skills to take your career to the next level.
estimated value of Canada’s infrastructure assets
number of people living in cities worldwide
of CO2 emissions from final energy use are attributable to cities
Featured Faculty and Staff
DR. MARTINO TRAN
"Cities are the spaces where we can make the greatest positive gains if we can improve efficiencies or change behaviour."