How to Apply
UBC’s Applied Science Professional Programs are designed as one-year degrees starting in January — there is no summer or fall intake. We are committed to finding practicing professionals who are motivated and eager to deepening their technical and leadership abilities. With our demanding selection process we want to ensure building dynamic and diverse cohorts and providing you a high quality master program.
Application deadlines for January 2019 intake
The application system is now open!
The UBC Applied Science Professional Programs admits on a rolling basis with three application rounds. We highly recommend international students to apply by June 1st to ensure plenty time to allow for processing of study permits. Please read the information for International Students and for current study permit processing times.
- 1st Round: June 1, 2018 (Decision by July 1, 2018)
- 2nd Round: August 1, 2018 (Decision by September 1, 2018)
- Final Round: October 1, 2018 (Decision by November 1, 2018)
- You can submit your application only once in a calendar year.
- All documents must be submitted before the deadline and it is your responsibility to ensure that your references have submitted their letters. If you submit the last document after the deadline of the given round, your application will be transferred to the next round. This means, if you want to apply for the first round but you submit the last document on June 3rd, your application will be considered in the 2nd round.
- We recommend that you apply to the earliest round possible for admission consideration. When you apply in a given round, your application will be assessed against other applicants to that round. If you are not successful, your application may be refused, or wait-listed and held for review in subsequent rounds. You will be notified of the status of your application.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Review the Eligibility Requirements
- Application Checklist
- Make sure you have the supporting documentation needed to complete your application.
- Applications are not reviewed by the admissions committee until all of the required documentation is received online. Review the Application Checklist
- Apply Online
- Apply online on the Online Application portal.
- Upload all additional supporting documentation for your application. Instructions are on the application form.
- You can save your application and continue working on it at a later time.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee to submit your application to the program (domestic students CAD 102.00; international students CAD 165.00).
- You can log in to your application to check if your three references have been submitted. You can also change a referee online.
- After Submission
- The program directors directors will only review your application if it is completed (all references and documentation has been submitted and uploaded to your application).
- A decision will be made one month after the deadline of each application round.
- You will be notified when a decision has been made. Check your email junk mail to ensure you haven’t missed a notification.
- Accept Offer of Admission
- Read your offer letter and the attached information very carefully. This provides all the information you need to accept and complete your application.
- Submit a non-refundable $5,000 deposit to confirm your acceptance of the admission offer. This deposit will be credited to your first tuition payment. How to pay this deposit will be in the information included with your conditional offer of admission.
- Arrange to have your official transcripts sent directly to the Professional Programs Office (see Submitting Your Documents for further details).
- Submitted official English test scores or evidence of your degree being taught in English (if applicable).
- Fulfil any other conditions described in your conditional offer of admission.
- Once we have received your non-refundable deposit and documentation, we will send you an unconditional letter of acceptance, along with a welcome package and arrival checklist.
Join us and deepen your knowledge in your technical specialty and propel your career forward.
Note: The MHLP in Clinical Education is pending approval from the BC Ministry of Advanced Education and is not currently accepting applications. Please contact us for further details.