How to Apply
UBC’s Applied Science Professional Programs are designed as a one-year, full-time MEL degree and MHLP degree programs for practicing professionals. January is the only intake date – there is no summer or fall intake.
Application deadlines for January 2018 intake
- International students: Closed – We will be accepting applications for January 2019 intake from February 1, 2018
- UPDATE American citizens: October 30, 2017 (Please apply as an international student)
- UPDATE Canadian students: October 30, 2017 (Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada)
Application deadlines for January 2019 intake
- International students: July 1, 2018
- American citizens: October 1, 2018 (Please apply as an international student)
- Canadian students: October 1, 2018 (Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada)
- Eligibility Requirements
- Review the Eligibility Requirements
- Application Checklist
- Make sure you have the supporting documentation needed to complete your application. Applications are not reviewed by the admissions committee until all of required documentation is received online. Review the Application Checklist
- Apply Online
- Apply online on the Graduate Studies Online Application portal.
- Upload all additional supporting documentation for your application. Instructions are on the application form.
- You can save your application and continue working on it at a later time.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee to submit your application to the program.
- You can log in to your application to check if your three references have been submitted. You can also change a referee online.
- After Submission
- The program directors will review applications once they are completed (all references and documentation has been submitted and uploaded to your application).
- We aim to make decisions within six weeks of the receipt of your completed application. This is an approximate time frame and cannot be guaranteed. You will be notified when a decision has been made.
- Accept Offer of Admission
- Submit a non-refundable $5,000 deposit to confirm your acceptance of the admission offer. This deposit will be credited to your first tuition payment. How to pay this deposit will be in your conditional offer of admission.
- Arrange to have your official transcripts sent directly to the Professional Programs Office (see Submitting Your Documents for further details).
- Fulfil any other conditions described in your conditional offer of admission.
- We will send you an unconditional letter of acceptance, along with a welcome package and arrival checklist.
Join us and deepen your knowledge in your technical specialty and propel your career forward.
Note: The MHLP in Clinical Education is pending approval from the BC Ministry of Advanced Education and is not currently accepting applications. Please contact us for further details.