How to Apply
UBC’s MEL and MHLP Professional Leadership Master Degrees are designed as one-year degrees starting in January. We are committed to finding practicing professionals who are motivated and eager to deepen their technical and leadership abilities. With our demanding selection process we want to ensure building dynamic and diverse cohorts and providing you with a high quality master’s program.
Please read the following information regarding:
The online application portal will be open and accepting submissions for all January 2021 applications as of January 1st 2020.
|Application Round||Application Accepted||Application Deadline||Decisions Made By|
|Round 1||International & Domestic||April 1, 2020||May 1, 2020|
|Round 2||International & Domestic||July 1, 2020||August 1, 2020|
|Domestic Applications Last Chance to Apply||Domestic & US Applicants only||September 1, 2020||October 12, 2020|
Applications are required to be completed by the application deadline. This means all documentation and references must be uploaded to the system before the application deadline. Incomplete applications, will not be reviewed. To help you complete your application correctly, please use the application checklist.
We look forward to reviewing your application, apply now to start your professional leadership journey.
To ensure your application is completed by the deadline and to allow plenty of time for processing study permits and organizing your relocation to Vancouver, we encourage all applicants to apply early.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Review the Eligibility Requirements
- Application Checklist
- Make sure you have the supporting documentation needed to complete your application.
- Applications are not reviewed by the admissions committee until all of the required documentation is received online. Review the Application Checklist.
- Try and use referees with institutional or business emails. Referees with free web-based email providers, such as Gmail and Hotmail, cannot access the application portal and can only submit their reference via postal mail. Until we receive your references, your submission is incomplete and you risk missing the deadline.
- How to Apply Guide
- Apply Online
- Apply online on the Online Application portal.
- Upload all additional supporting documentation for your application. Instructions are on the application form.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee to submit your application to the program (domestic students CAD 108.00; international students CAD 168.25).
- Only when you have submitted your application and paid the application fee, your referees will be automatically emailed to provide their reference letter.
- You can log in to your application to check if your three references have been submitted. You can also change a referee online.
- You can save your application and continue working on it at a later time.
- After Submission
- The program directors will only review your application if it is completed (all references and documentation has been submitted and uploaded to your application).
- A decision will be made based on the application round in which you applied (approximately one month after the application deadline).
- You will be notified when a decision has been made. Check your email junk mail to ensure you haven’t missed a notification.
- You can submit your application only once in a calendar year.
- Accept Offer of Admission
- Eligibility Requirements
- Read your conditional offer letter and the attached information very carefully to know the next steps to accept and complete your application.
- Submit a non-refundable CAD 5,000 deposit to confirm your acceptance of the admission offer. This deposit will be credited to your first tuition payment. How to pay this deposit will be in the information included with your conditional offer of admission.
- Arrange to have your official transcripts sent directly to the UBC MEL and MHLP Professional Leadership Master Degrees office (see Submitting Your Documents for further details).
- Submit official English test scores or evidence of your degree being taught in English (if applicable).
- Fulfil any other conditions described in your conditional offer of admission.
- Once we have received your non-refundable deposit and documentation, we will send you an unconditional letter of acceptance, along with a welcome package and arrival checklist.
Looking to apply to the UBC Professional Leadership Master Degrees? Take a look at this simple 5 step video to help you understand the key stages and application requirements.
Join us and deepen your knowledge in your technical specialty and propel your career forward.