Become a Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering expert
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering is designed for engineers who want to accelerate their career by leading and supervising teams and managing complex technical projects. This program combines the engineering and physics of ship design with broad business and leadership training.
UBC is the only centre for naval architecture and marine engineering study on the Pacific coast of North America, and Vancouver is a strategic coastal location with an industrially diverse environment. The program maintains vigorous links to the regional marine industry in both the government and private sectors, offering learning resources that add value to each student’s experience.
In just one year, this master’s degree will:
- equip you with the ability to manage complex shipbuilding design and procurement programs and become fully qualified in ship project management
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes the option of a 12-week co-op work program
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication
Watch this video and learn more about this unique technical management program from our students and professors.