How to Apply
The UBC Applied Science Professional Programs are designed as a one-year, full-time MEL degree and MHLP degree programs for practicing professionals. January is the only intake date – there is no summer or fall intake.
Application deadlines for January 2018 intake
- July 1, 2017, international students
- October 1, 2017, domestic students (Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada)
- Eligibility Requirements
- Review the Eligibility Requirements
- Application Checklist
- Make sure you have the supporting documentation needed to complete your application. Applications are not reviewed by the admissions committee until all of required documentation is received online. Review the Application Checklist
- Apply Online
- Apply online on the Graduate Studies Online Application portal.
- Upload all additional supporting documentation for your application. Instructions are on the application form.
- You can save your application and continue working on it at a later time.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee to submit your application to the program.
- You can log in to your application to check if your three references have been submitted. You can also change a referee online.
- After Submission
- The program directors will review all applications received. We administer a rolling review of complete applications and will aim to notify you.
- If you are successful, we aim to send you a conditional offer of admission within six weeks after the receipt of your completed submission. This is an approximate time frame and cannot be guaranteed. Once there has been a decision on your application we will notify you.
- Accept Offer of Admission
- Submit a non-refundable $5,000 deposit to confirm your acceptance of the admission offer. This deposit will be credited to your first tuition payment. How to pay this deposit will be in your conditional offer of admission.
- Arrange to have your official transcripts sent directly to the Professional Programs Office (see Submitting Your Documents for further details).
- Fulfill any other conditions described in your conditional offer of admission.
- We will send you an unconditional letter of acceptance, along with a welcome package and arrival checklist.
Join us and deepen your knowledge in your technical specialty and propel your career forward.
Note: The MHLP in Clinical Education is pending approval from the BC Ministry of Advanced Education and is not currently accepting applications. Please contact us for further details.