How to Apply
The UBC Applied Science Professional Programs are designed as a one-year, full-time MEL degree and MHLP degree programs for practicing professionals. January is the only intake date – there is no summer or fall intake.
Application deadlines for January 2018 intake
- July 1, 2017, deadline for all students wishing to be considered for an entrance award (up to $10,000)
- August 1, 2017, international students (date has been extended to August)
- October 1, 2017, domestic students (Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada)
PLEASE NOTE: We will continue to accept and review applications after the posted deadlines, but you should check the relevant information about visa wait times for your individual country to ensure there is sufficient time for them to process your student visa application (this is in addition to the approximate 6 weeks it will take our office to process a completed application). You can check the approximate visa process times on the Government of Canada website.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Review the Eligibility Requirements
- Application Checklist
- Make sure you have the supporting documentation needed to complete your application. Applications are not reviewed by the admissions committee until all of required documentation is received online. Review the Application Checklist
- Apply Online
- Apply online on the Graduate Studies Online Application portal.
- Upload all additional supporting documentation for your application. Instructions are on the application form.
- You can save your application and continue working on it at a later time.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee to submit your application to the program.
- You can log in to your application to check if your three references have been submitted. You can also change a referee online.
- After Submission
- The program directors will review applications once they are completed (all references and documentation has been submitted and uploaded to your application).
- We aim to make decisions within six weeks of the receipt of your completed application. This is an approximate time frame and cannot be guaranteed. You will be notified when a decision has been made.
- Accept Offer of Admission
- Submit a non-refundable $5,000 deposit to confirm your acceptance of the admission offer. This deposit will be credited to your first tuition payment. How to pay this deposit will be in your conditional offer of admission.
- Arrange to have your official transcripts sent directly to the Professional Programs Office (see Submitting Your Documents for further details).
- Fulfil any other conditions described in your conditional offer of admission.
- We will send you an unconditional letter of acceptance, along with a welcome package and arrival checklist.
Join us and deepen your knowledge in your technical specialty and propel your career forward.
Note: The MHLP in Clinical Education is pending approval from the BC Ministry of Advanced Education and is not currently accepting applications. Please contact us for further details.