- An undergraduate degree with an overall average of 76 % (UBC-equivalency)
- Three years of relevant work and industry experience
- Proof of English-language proficiency if your undergraduate degree was not completed at an English-speaking university
- Proof of citizenship or Canadian permanent residency
SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
- Some programs have different requirements than those outlined above, refer to the individual program pages for more details.
If your past post-secondary study is from a university where a language other than English was the official language of instruction, you must take and pass one of the following English language proficiency exams:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language):
- A minimum score of 90 (internet-based exam), with minimum component scores of 22 [in reading, listening] and minimum component score of 21 [in writing, speaking];
- Minimum score 55 each for reading, listening, and writing (in the paper-based test), with 4.0 on the Test of Written English (TWE).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service): minimum overall band score of 6.5 with no other component score less than 6.0 of the academic (NOT general) IELTS test
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery): minimum overall score of 81
- PTE (Pearson Test of English – Academic): minimum overall score of 59
- CELPIP (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program): minimum scores of 4L/4L/4L
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment): minimum overall score of 60
English language proficiency tests must have been taken within the last 24 months at the time of submission of your application. Students must submit their official test results directly to UBC via the instructions on the Application Checklist in order for your application to be complete.