Lead change in your organization
The Master of Health Leadership and Policy (MHLP) in Seniors Care is a professional degree for health-care professional who want to design, deliver and lead comprehensive care and services for seniors in a range of community and organizational settings. This hybrid program combines graduate-level health-care courses with UBC Sauder School of Business courses – giving you the skills and confidence to take your career in new directions.
Demographic trends have created a pressing need for talented health professionals to guide the future of patient-centred seniors care in community and institutional contexts. Organizations are seeking compassionate health-care specialists who can develop innovative services and programs. They’re also looking for individuals with the business perspective and interpersonal skills to successfully lead teams and guide change.
Choose health care and business
The MHLP in Seniors Care program offers a unique combination of health-care and business classes – giving you the strategic skills to play a leading role in this growing health-care sector. Health-care courses offer a holistic exploration of the epidemiology of aging, the influence of health policy on care, evidence-based decision-making and the environmental aspects of seniors care. Business courses offered by the top-ranked UBC Sauder School of Business give you a solid foundation in data analysis, project management and organizational leadership.
Gain a competitive edge
In this 12-month program you will:
- be immersed in best practices in seniors care as you develop care strategies, use conceptual and analytical tools, and explore strategies for leading operations and maintaining quality
- enhance your understanding of policy, leadership and business practices relevant to seniors care
- learn within diverse clinical practice sites as part of a curriculum grounded in experiential and community-based learning opportunities
- study with renowned faculty from the UBC School of Nursing, as well as local leaders in public- and private-sector practice sites
- expand your professional network while collaborating with other MHLP students
- gain the fundamental business, project management and interpersonal skills to advance your career and confidently take on positions of increased responsibility
Learn more about this innovative professional master’s degree from our students and professors.