Tuition & Finances
A master’s degree from UBC Applied Science is an investment in your future. Check out our information regarding
What will it cost?
The full year program tuition fees for 2020 are as follows:
- CAD 29,225.67 for domestic students (Canadian citizens and permanent residents)
- CAD 52,276.05 for international students
Tuition fees are payable in three equal installments in the first week of January, May and September. If you are granted an admission offer, a non-refundable CAD 5,000 deposit will be required within two months from the offer date to secure your place in the program. This will be applied towards your first tuition installment in January.
Please note that UBC tuition and student fees are approved by the Board of Governors following consultation with students and are subject to change in future academic years. 2021 program tuition fees to be announced early 2020.
In addition to tuition fees, all students must pay:
- CAD 923 per year in UBC student fees, which includes the mandatory transit U-Pass. Student fees are charged in three equal instalments payable in January, May and September along with your tuition fee.
- CAD 232.50 per year for the AMS/GSS Extended Health Plan. You must pay your AMS/GSS Extended Health Plan fee in full in January. There are opt-out provisions for students with equivalent personal insurance.
- All new international students must also pay an annual CAD 180 i-Med fee (payable in full in January).
You can read more about these fees on the UBC Student Services website.
If you are a domestic student, you can apply for a federal/provincial student loan. Please complete your loan application as soon as possible after you receive your letter of acceptance, as it typically takes four to five weeks for loan applications to be processed. If you need help completing your student loan application, please visit UBC’s Student Services site for assistance.
Cost of Living Calculator
The cost calculator is a tool to help you estimate and get an idea of your financial situation. It requires selections from you and cannot include every possible scenario. Please use your own judgment. Download: Cost of Living Calculator
Funding & Scholarships
Being a professional program, there are no UBC scholarships, grants or funding offered directly for MEL or MHLP students. Students who require financial assistance are encouraged to look for external scholarships or loans that may be available to them. Please find a list of some external Scholarship options.