TRANSFORM THE FUTURE OF HEALTH CARE LEADERSHIP
Transform your career with the Master of Health Leadership and Policy (MHLP) in Clinical Education. This prestigious professional degree is designed for clinicians aiming to expand their expertise in the dynamic fields of practice trend analysis and clinical education delivery. Our interdisciplinary approach combines advanced health care studies from the School of Nursing with the renowned business education of UBC Sauder’s Robert H. Lee Graduate School. Equip yourself with the knowledge and confidence to navigate your career toward new horizons.
The healthcare landscape is evolving rapidly due to technological advancements, innovative care methods, and changing demographics. There is a growing demand for adept clinical educators who can assess learning needs and develop educational strategies across various clinical contexts. These professionals must also possess a keen business understanding and the interpersonal acumen to effectively lead teams and spearhead change.
INTEGRATING HEALTHCARE AND BUSINESS INSIGHTS
The MHLP in Clinical Education program uniquely melds healthcare and business education, providing you with the strategic skills essential for a leadership role within your organization. Our clinical education courses offer a comprehensive view, from understanding the context of clinical education to applying theoretical knowledge in creating diverse learning experiences. Simultaneously, the business courses from the esteemed UBC Sauder’s Robert H. Lee Graduate School equip you with a robust foundation in data analysis, project management, and organizational leadership skills.
FLEXIBLE STUDY OPTIONS
Tailor your education to fit your lifestyle by choosing between a full-time, 12-month program or a part-time, 24-month alternative. The full-time option fast-tracks your learning, enabling you to enhance your skillset and knowledge within a year. Opting for the part-time route allows you to balance your professional commitments while progressively building your clinical leadership capabilities. This flexible arrangement means you can apply your newfound skills directly to your current role, integrating real-world challenges into your academic experience.
Regardless of choosing full-time or part-time study, you will participate in campus engagements with classmates and faculty twice weekly. Part-time learners will dedicate approximately 10 hours, while full-time learners will commit around 20 hours to in-class learning.
GAIN A COMPETITIVE EDGE
Throughout the 12 or 24 months, you will:
- Deepen your ability to design, implement, and evaluate comprehensive clinical education programs.
- Advance your understanding of relevant policies, leadership strategies, and business practices in clinical education.
- Participate in diverse clinical practice settings, benefiting from a curriculum rich in experiential and community-based learning.
- Collaborate with distinguished faculty from the UBC School of Nursing and complete a practicum with top health-care professionals.
- Grow your professional network and engage with fellow MHLP students.
- Acquire essential business, project management, and interpersonal skills to propel your career and confidently embrace more significant responsibilities
Learn more about this innovative professional master’s degree from our students.