Lead change in your organization
The MHLP graduate degree in Clinical Education has received ministry approval — applications are being accepted for the January 2019 intake.
The Master of Health Leadership and Policy (MHLP) in Clinical Education is a professional degree for health-care professionals who want to develop their expertise in analyzing practice trends and designing and delivering clinical education. This hybrid program combines graduate-level health-care courses with UBC Sauder School of Business courses – giving you the skills and confidence to take your career in new directions.
The health-care sector is facing unprecedented change as a result of emerging technologies, new approaches to care and shifting demographics. Organizations are seeking highly proficient clinical educators who can identify learning needs and develop educational strategies to address requirements within a wide array of clinical practice contexts. They’re also looking for individuals with the business perspective and interpersonal skills to successfully lead teams and guide change.
Choose health care and business
The MHLP in Clinical Education program offers a unique combination of health-care and business classes – giving you the strategic skills to play a leading role in your organization. Clinical education courses take a holistic perspective that includes exploring the context of clinical education to learning how to put theory into practice as you develop diverse learning experiences. Business courses offered by the top-ranked UBC Sauder School of Business give you a solid foundation in data analysis, project management and organizational leadership.
Gain a competitive edge
In this the 12-month program you will:
- broaden your knowledge and skills so you can design, deliver and evaluate clinical education programs
- enhance your understanding of policy, leadership and business practices relevant to clinical education
- learn within diverse clinical practice sites as part of a curriculum grounded in experiential and community-based learning opportunities
- study with renowned faculty from the UBC School of Nursing and complete a practicum alongside leading health-care professionals
- expand your professional network while collaborating with other MHLP students
- gain the fundamental business, project management and interpersonal skills to advance your career and confidently take on positions of increased responsibility