The MHLP program in Clinical Education has received ministry approval — applications are being accepted for the January 2019 intake.
The MHLP in Clinical Education program is for health care providers who want to develop their expertise in analyzing practice trends and designing and delivering clinical education to address emerging trends.
As a graduate of this program, you will have the technical and leadership skills to create caring, collaborative clinical education environments. You will be prepared to develop educational and business strategies to ensure that clinicians within your health care organization meet practice and accreditation standards across diverse disciplines.
Created by educational leaders
UBC’s Faculty of Applied Science is home to one of North America’s premier nursing schools. UBC School of Nursing offers students a world-class instructional environment, with faculty who are acknowledged experts across all core subject areas in the program.
The Sauder School of Business is one of the world’s leading academic business schools. It is dedicated to rigorous, relevant and experiential teaching.
In just one year, this master’s degree will
- deepen your knowledge and skills so you can design, deliver and evaluate clinical education programs
- broaden your understanding of policy, leadership and business practices relevant to clinical education
- immerse you in a dynamic learning environment that includes seminars, laboratory and clinical simulations, workshops and other innovative teaching strategies
- give you real-world learning opportunities as you collaborate with faculty from the UBC School of Nursing and industry experts
- help you advance your career by balancing a technical specialization in clinical education with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication