Add immediate value to your organization by hiring an experienced professional with a unique combination of technical and business skills, ready to lead teams and projects that are focussed on the conception, design, scale-up and commercialization of manufacturing processes with reduced carbon and energy footprints.
The talent you need
It can be challenging to find the right person for your team – someone who has the multidisciplinary technical and business skills to contribute strategic value to your organization and confidently lead teams and projects in a rapidly evolving, globalized market.
Graduates of the UBC Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Sustainable Process Engineering are ready to guide your organization’s transition to the green economy by playing key roles in technology and business development, as well as instituting operational practices that conform to the highest standards of sustainability and environmental responsibility.
Our graduates stand out with their unique combination of skills. Over the course of their 12-month postgraduate degree, they have expanded their expertise in new and emerging paradigms in manufacturing (including biotechnology) through courses from UBC Faculty of Applied Science. They have also deepened their business and leadership skills through classes offered from UBC Sauder’s Robert H. Lee Graduate School.
This powerful hybrid education enables them to lead multidisciplinary teams and complex projects. They are strategic thinkers who thrive in fast-paced environments as they collaborate with multidisciplinary internal and external stakeholders to develop innovative solutions and contribute to a more sustainable world.
Experienced professionals with specialized skills
A Sustainable Process Engineering graduate has the multidisciplinary technical expertise needed to improve the sustainability quotient of your organization’s processes, products and operations. Collaborative team players, visionary leaders and technically adept, they add value to your organization with their ability to:
- Improve the design and operation of traditional unit operations for processing fossil fuels to improve their atom and energy economies
- Integrate energy storage and conversion technologies in existing industrial operations to improve energy efficiency
- Design, scale-up and commercialize manufacturing processes that utilize renewable feedstocks, such as biomass, to produce novel classes of bioproducts, biochemicals and biomaterials
- Develop business models for the scaling up of sustainable products, processes and of new technologies
- Perform life-cycle assessments (LCA) and design (LCD) of industrial processes to quantify their sustainability quotients
- Apply fundamentals of electrochemical science and engineering toward the design of cleaner manufacturing and treatment processes
- Evaluate carbon capture and conversion technologies through conducting process life-cycle framework analyses
- Understand sustainability, with its techno-economic, environmental and social components and be able to articulate and analyze the policy implications of energy supply and use, including climate change, along with understanding the economic, environmental and social impacts and risks
Sustainable Process Engineering graduates add value
Our graduates are immediately ready to contribute to your organization in a diverse range of positions.
Ready to meet your next hire? Simply email us at email@example.com and we’ll get in touch.
Post a job
Complete our online form and send us your job posting. We’ll ensure it’s circulated to both current students and recent alumni.
Learn more about this innovative professional master’s degree and how our graduates can support your company.
Employer news & Updates
Connect with our Students
Our employer engagement opportunities are a great way for you to connect with the talent you need.Learn More