Lead change in a high-growth industry
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Clean Energy Engineering is a professional degree for engineers who want to excel and drive innovation in the field of clean energy. This interdisciplinary master’s program combines graduate-level engineering courses with UBC Sauder’s Robert H. Lee Graduate School courses – giving you the skills and confidence to take your career in new directions.
Governments and industry are accelerating the shift to sustainable energy solutions. Leading organizations are seeking clean energy experts who have the technical understanding to develop innovative solutions that minimize environmental impact, promote geopolitical stability and enable economic diversification. They’re also looking for individuals who have the business insight and interpersonal skills to lead teams and guide change.
Choose engineering and business
The MEL in Clean Energy Engineering program offers a unique combination of technical and business classes – giving you the strategic skills to play a leading role in forward-thinking organizations. Engineering courses span the entire industry value chain, from energy generation, transmission and distribution to energy use and management. Business courses offered by the top-ranked UBC Sauder School of Business give you a solid foundation in business strategy and innovation, operations and logistics, project management, and organizational leadership.
Gain a competitive edge
In this 12-month program you will:
- broaden your knowledge of sustainable energy systems, energy storage, energy distribution networks, energy efficiency and energy policy
- sharpen your technical and analytical skills through a project-based curriculum that incorporates hands-on learning opportunities, including a capstone project
- study under renowned faculty and industry experts at UBC’s high-tech facilities and multidisciplinary research centres
- expand your professional network while collaborating with other MEL students
- gain the fundamental business, project management and interpersonal skills to advance your career and confidently take on positions of increased responsibility
Learn more about this innovative professional master’s degree from our students and professors.