Lead change in a high-growth industry
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Integrated Water Management is a professional degree for engineers and environmental science graduates who want to excel and drive innovation in sustainable water management initiatives. This hybrid master’s program combines graduate-level engineering courses with UBC Sauder School of Business courses – giving you the skills and confidence to take your career in new directions.
Governments and private-sector organizations across a range of industries are seeking professionals with the multidisciplinary technical skills and integrated perspective to develop sustainable solutions for water resources. They need individuals who have both a broad understanding of regulatory frameworks and a detailed knowledge of the physical, chemical and biological aspects of operations and processes. They’re also looking for individuals who have the business insight and interpersonal skills to lead multidisciplinary teams and guide change.
Choose engineering and business
The MEL in Integrated Water Management offers a unique combination of technical and business classes – giving you the strategic skills to play a leading role in forward-thinking organizations. Engineering courses cover the entire spectrum of water management, including engineering hydrology, water treatment design, environmental fluid mechanics, and water and wastewater management strategies. Business courses offered by the top-ranked UBC Sauder School of Business give you a solid foundation in strategy and innovation, organizational leadership and sustainability considerations.
Full-Time and New Part-Time study Option
Students considering the MEL in Integrated Water Management now have the option to complete their studies in either full-time (12-months) or part-time (24-months) capacity.
Part-time study (available to both domestic & international students) will enable students to split their course load over a longer period of time, while completing all prescribed credits of the MEL degree.
Gain a competitive edge
In just 12-months/24-months, this master’s degree will:
- learn how to apply physical, chemical and biological unit operations and processes to water resources, while also increasing your familiarity with regulatory and environmental frameworks
- sharpen your technical and analytical skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain and incorporates hands-on learning opportunities
- study under renowned faculty and industry experts at one of the world’s top 40 universities
- expand your professional network while collaborating with other MEL students
- gain the fundamental business, project management and interpersonal skills to advance your career and confidently take on positions of increased responsibility
Learn more about this innovative professional master’s degree from our students and professors.