Lead Change in a high-growth industry
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Advanced Materials Manufacturing is a professional degree for engineers who want to excel and drive change. The hybrid program combines graduate-level engineering courses with UBC Sauder’s Robert H. Lee Graduate School courses – giving you the skills and confidence to take your career in new directions.
This is a fast-moving industry, and the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing sectors are seeking innovative multi-material manufacturing solutions to achieve operational, environmental and economic goals. Leading companies need engineers with the technical knowledge to develop new materials that provide better performance. They’re also looking for people who have the business perspective and interpersonal skills to lead teams and guide change.
Choosing engineering and business
The MEL in Advanced Materials Manufacturing program offers a unique combination of technical and business classes – giving you the strategic skills to play a leading role in forward-thinking organizations. Engineering courses span the entire industry value chain, from materials selection through to production. Business courses offered by the top-ranked UBC Sauder School of Business give you a solid foundation in business strategy and innovation, operations and logistics, project management, and organizational leadership.
Gain a competitive edge
Over the 12-month program you will:
- broaden your sector-specific knowledge through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- update your technical and analytical skills by working with advanced process simulation tools and reviewing case studies
- study under learned from renowned faculty and industry experts at UBC’s high-tech facilities and multidisciplinary research centres
- expand your professional network while collaborating with other MEL students
- gain the fundamental business, project management and interpersonal skills to advance your career and confidently take on positions of increased responsibility
Learn more about this innovative professional master’s degree from our students and professors.