Be a leader in your field
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Urban Systems is designed for early-career professionals with undergraduate credentials in disciplines related to urban systems who want to advance their careers in this in-demand area. The program equips you with the high-level technical skills needed to develop practical and sustainable solutions to meet the challenges associated with large urban infrastructure systems.
There is a growing demand for talented professionals with a confident understanding of engineering and urban planning and who have the management and leadership skills to guide large and complex projects. Graduates of this program will be highly sought after for their unique combination of leadership and technical sector-specific skills.
Created by educational leaders
UBC’s Faculty of Applied Science is home to one of North America’s premier engineering schools and the School of Community and Regional Planning offers students a world-class instructional environment, with faculty who are acknowledged experts across all core subject areas in the program.
The UBC Sauder School of Business is one of the world’s leading academic business schools. It is dedicated to rigorous, relevant and experiential teaching.
In just one year, the master’s degree will:
- prepare you to assume the professional responsibilities of managing all facets of urban infrastructure systems
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- provide a dynamic learning environment that follows a project-based curriculum
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and local leaders in infrastructure systems and urban planning
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication
Watch this video and learn more about this technical management program from our students and professors.