Dependable Software Systems
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Dependable Software Systems will be paused in January 2024 in order to do a comprehensive curriculum review and assessment.
The following information about Dependable Software Systems summarizes the goals and outcomes of the program as a record for employers, current students and our past graduates.
The Master of Engineering Leadership in Dependable Software Systems was offered between 2016 and 2023 as a professional degree for engineers and technical leaders who wanted to excel and drive innovation in software systems industries.
The Dependable Software Systems program offered a unique combination of technical and business classes – giving students the strategic skills to play a leading role in forward-thinking organizations. Engineering courses explored software testing and verification, error-resilient computing, and security and privacy. Business courses offered by the top-ranked UBC Sauder School of Business gave students a solid foundation in business strategy and innovation, operations and logistics, project management, and organizational leadership.
Graduates of the program:
- updated their technical and analytical skills, enabling them to develop and maintain dependable systems
- completed a major capstone project and gained specific domain expertise
- studied under renowned faculty and industry experts
- expanded their professional network while collaborating with other MEL students
- gained the fundamental business, project management and interpersonal skills to advance their career and confidently take on positions of increased responsibility
Learn more about our accomplished Dependable Software Systems alumni.