The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Dependable Software Systems is an intensive one-year degree (January to December) for software engineers who want to explore the principles and techniques for maintaining the integrity and reliability of software systems in diverse application areas.
With their broad foundation for analyzing and addressing software dependability issues across many different industry sectors, graduates of this program will be highly sought after by employers.
Watch this video and learn more about this unique technical management program from our students and professors.
Propel your career forward
This unique master’s degree will:
- deepen your understanding of how to develop and maintain dependable systems
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes collaborative projects with students and faculty, as well as a major capstone project enabling you to gain specific domain expertise
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication
You are eligible for this program if you meet the MEL admission requirements and you have:
- an undergraduate degree in computer engineering, software engineering or computer science
- coding proficiency
- three or more years of relevant work experience (applicants with less experience may be considered)
growth in employment opportunities for software developers by 2022
the cost of Amazon’s web services downtime in 2012
approximate budget of a software project for testing, verification and validation
Featured Faculty and Staff
DR. PHILIPPE KRUCHTEN
"What makes the MEL in Dependable Software Systems program stand out from others is that it goes far beyond purely technical training."