Lead change in a high-growth industry
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Dependable Software Systems is a professional degree for engineers who want to excel and drive innovation in this rapidly evolving field. This hybrid master’s program combines graduate-level engineering courses with UBC Sauder School of Business courses – giving you the skills and confidence to take your career in new directions.
Our world is increasingly reliant on dependable software. Leading companies across a range of industries – from health care and finance to transportation, power generation and telecommunications – need software engineers with the technical knowledge to design and maintain safety-critical software systems. They’re also looking for individuals who have the business insight and interpersonal skills to assess risk, manage projects and lead teams.
Choose engineering and business
The MEL in Dependable Software Systems program offers a unique combination of technical and business classes – giving you the strategic skills to play a leading role in forward-thinking organizations. Engineering courses explore software testing and verification, error-resilient computing, and security and privacy. Business courses offered by the top-ranked UBC Sauder School of Business give you a solid foundation in business strategy and innovation, operations and logistics, project management, and organizational leadership.
Gain a competitive edge
In this 12-month program you will:
- update your technical and analytical skills, enabling you to develop and maintain dependable systems
- complete a major capstone project and gain specific domain expertise
- study under renowned faculty and industry experts
- expand your professional network while collaborating with other MEL students
- gain the fundamental business, project management and interpersonal skills to advance your career and confidently take on positions of increased responsibility
Learn more about this innovative professional master’s degree from our students and professors.