The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in High Performance Buildings is an intensive one-year degree (January to December) for engineers and architects who want to make a difference in the building sector.
Graduates of this program will have the technical and leadership skills to improve the energy performance of existing buildings and design integrated high-performance energy systems for new buildings.
Propel your career forward
This unique master’s degree will:
- deepen your knowledge of building energy systems design and modelling
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that balances advanced engineering modelling and design with green building and regenerative design theories and applications
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes project work, seminars, conferences and other innovative teaching strategies
- give you hands-on experience developing real-world solutions for clients through two capstone projects
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication
You are eligible for this program if you meet the MEL admission requirements and you have:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or a master’s degree in architecture
- Three or more years of relevant work experience in the building sector (applicants with less experience may be considered)
8.3 million sf.
of new construction is forecast for the Canadian office market 2016
of new green institutional construction expected to be certified
tonnes of CO2 in greenhouse gas emissions have been reduced by Canadian LEED buildings since 2006