Become a high performance buildings expert
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in High Performance Buildings is designed for engineers and architects who want to make a difference in the building sector. Graduates of this program will have the technical and leadership skills to improve the energy performance of existing buildings and design integrated high-performance energy systems for new buildings.
Both government and private industry are fueling demand for high performance buildings experts with the creative and visionary skills to develop new processes and systems that drive positive and proactive change. Graduates can expect to pursue careers in advanced integrated green building design locally, nationally and internationally.
In just one year, this master’s degree will:
- deepen your knowledge of building energy systems design and modelling
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that balances advanced engineering modelling and design with green building and regenerative design theories and applications
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes project work, seminars, conferences and other innovative teaching strategies
- give you hands-on experience developing real-world solutions for clients through two capstone projects
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned experts from the Faculty of Applied Science and the School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture (SALA) and industry experts
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication