The MHLP in Clinical Education is pending approval from the BC Ministry of Advanced Education.
The Master of Health Leadership and Policy (MHLP) in Clinical Education is an intensive one-year degree program for health care providers who want to develop their expertise in analyzing practice trends and designing and delivering clinical education to address emerging trends.
As a graduate of this program, you will have the technical and leadership skills to create caring, collaborative clinical education environments. You will be prepared to develop educational and business strategies to ensure that clinicians within your health care organization meet practice and accreditation standards across diverse disciplines.
Propel your career forward
This unique master’s degree program will:
- deepen your knowledge and skills so you can design, deliver and evaluate clinical education programs;
- broaden your understanding of policy, leadership and business practices relevant to clinical education;
- immerse you in a dynamic learning environment that includes seminars, laboratory and clinical simulations, workshops and other innovative teaching strategies;
- give you real-world learning opportunities as you collaborate with faculty and industry experts; and
- help you advance your career by balancing a technical specialization in clinical education with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication.
You are eligible for this program if you meet the MHLP admission requirements and you have:
- an undergraduate health professional credential (such as in nursing, social work, occupational therapy, dietetics or medicine) and
- three to five years of relevant work experience.
As a graduate of this program, you will have the skills to direct inter-professional clinical teams and manage the business of health care – people, systems and resources – within a clinical context.
of all workers in Canada are employed by the health care industry
BC residents work in the health care and social assistance industry
is the projected growth in demand for health care over the next 10 years
Featured Faculty and Staff
DR. JUDITH LYNAM
"The curriculum helps graduates acquire the knowledge and skills they need to be leaders in providing health care for seniors."