Develop solutions for a growing industry
The health care sector is facing unprecedented change as a consequence of emerging technologies, new approaches to providing care and shifting demographic profiles. There is a pressing need for highly proficient clinical educators who are able to analyze practice trends, identify learning needs and develop educational strategies to address requirements within a wide array of clinical practice contexts.
Deepen your technical and leadership skills
As a clinical educator, you are a key member of the leadership team. You must have a strong grounding in clinical practice expertise, and you must lead, manage and inspire teams. With a dual focus on strengthening your skills in the technical aspects of clinical education and deepening your capacity as a leader, this program will help you take your career in new directions.
Contribute to improved health outcomes
Clinical educators play an essential role in educating pre-licensure clinicians and ensuring the ongoing professional development of practicing professionals. Through your coursework, you will develop the tools to create caring and collaborative clinical education environments so that clinicians are able to meet practice standards and deliver responsive, patient-centered care.
Stand out from the crowd
The MHLP in Clinical Education degree empowers you to develop the sector-relevant interdisciplinary technical skills required by top employers. You will:
- be immersed in a dynamic and integrated research environment
- learn from world-renowned faculty – including program director Dr. Jennifer Baumbusch
- learn within diverse clinical practice sites as part of a curriculum that is grounded in collaborative and experiential learning opportunities at the community level
- take courses with a cohort of like-minded peers – a group of engaged and ambitious professionals participating in the MHLP Program in Seniors Care program, as well as students in the multidisciplinary Master of Engineering Leadership programs
- develop professional networks with top researchers, industry partners and motivated graduate students