Program update: The MEL in Resource Engineering Management will not be accepting applications for the 2020 intake. Check our other MEL program offerings for further opportunities.
Be a leader in your field
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Resource Engineering Management is an intensive one-year degree (January to December), at the UBC Okanagan campus in the city of Kelowna, for engineers ready to deepen their technical expertise and widen their leadership perspectives within the resource sectors.
Resource industries are searching for technical leaders and project managers who know how to sustainably maximize asset value and minimize risk. They need engineers who are able to manage complex, multidisciplinary projects for the benefit of people, the environment and the economy.
Propel your career forward
This unique master’s degree will:
- deepen your knowledge of major resource-, environmental- and energy-related resource development challenges
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes project work, seminars, conferences and other innovative teaching strategies
- include a real-world professional resource engineering project that brings together mechanical, civil and electrical engineering
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts at the UBC Okanagan campus
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication
Total value of BC’s natural resource projects planned and underway as of 2015
of Canada’s GDP and 1.8 million jobs rely on the energy sector
people work in Canada’s $57 billion mining industry