The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Green Bio-Products is an intensive one-year degree (January to December) that will equip you with the technical and leadership skills required to contribute to the growing bio-economy.
UBC is a world leader in creating innovative value from forest biomass, and graduates
of this program will take their place as technical leaders and sector specialists in this growing industry.
Propel your career forward
This unique master’s degree will:
- help you acquire the skills to develop advanced technical processes and product ideas and take on senior project management roles
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes working on collaborative projects with students and faculty
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication
You are eligible for this program if you meet the MEL admission requirements and you have:
- an Undergraduate degree in applied science, science or forestry, such as chemical and biological engineering, forestry, wood products processing, chemistry or plant science; and
- Three or more years of relevant work experience (applicants with less experience may be considered)
estimated value of the biochemical market
direct jobs in more than 7,300 businesses supported by forestry in Canada
of British Columbia is forested