If you’re thinking about concentrating your career in the clean energy sector, think about the difference a year at UBC can make. Build knowledge — Cross disciplines and boundaries — Gain confidence.
Develop solutions for a growing industry
Water is a strategic resource, and access to clean and secure water is essential for human wellbeing. Demand for better water systems has resulted in the pressing need for people with the technical skills to develop practical solutions in areas that include water treatment, monitoring tools, information technologies, efficient water use and reuse, and novel biotechnologies.
Deepen your technical and leadership skills
The combination of technical expertise and leadership courses will help you to develop innovative solutions, manage teams and direct projects — a skill set that is highly relevant in today’s business environment. Graduates of this MEL degree will be able to apply the complex tool set of technical and leadership knowledge acquired in the program to a wide variety of private sector, institutional and government organizations involved with water use, treatment, research and protection.
Pursue opportunities and advance your career
Our graduates will be in high demand locally, nationally and internationally by employers in industry and government seeking professionals who can develop and deliver sustainable water management initiatives. Read some of our alumni stories of how our graduates have gone on to excel their careers with their UBC MEL in Integrated Water Management degree. Graduates of the program started in positions, such as:
- Environmental EIT
- Environmental Specialist
- President & CEO
Get a degree from a top ranked university
UBC and its programs have cultivated a world renowned reputation and top ranking among universities. Gaining your MEL in Integrated Water Management degree will give you access to a network of successful individuals and associations with a well-respected institution. You will:
- be immersed in a dynamic research environment at UBC — one of the world’s top public research universities
- learn from world-renowned faculty members from the departments of chemical and biological engineering and the department of civil engineering — including Program Director Dr. Susan Baldwin, Co-Director Dr. Ziad Shawwash and Dr. Greg Lawrence — and the Sauder School of Business
- collaborate with industry partners
- take courses with a cohort of like-minded peers — a group of engaged and ambitious professionals working in industries that include advanced materials manufacturing, clean energy engineering, software, naval architecture and marine engineering and more
- develop professional networks with top researchers, industry partners and motivated graduate students