If you’re thinking about concentrating your career in the clean energy sector, think about the difference a year at UBC can make. Build knowledge — Cross disciplines and boundaries — Gain confidence.
Develop solutions for a growing industry
As we improve existing technologies and transition to more sustainable energy systems, clean energy technologies will become increasingly vital to the world’s energy mix. Industry and government are critically dependent on hiring talented technical leaders who can develop innovative and practical solutions.
Deepen your technical and leadership skills
Technical specialization in the areas of sustainable energy generation, energy transmission, distribution and storage, and efficient energy use are key components of the curriculum. Combined with strong leadership and business skills, this program will help you to develop innovative solutions, manage teams and direct projects — a skill set that is highly relevant in today’s business environment.
Pursue opportunities and advance your career
Our graduates will be in high demand locally, nationally and internationally, with government and industry employers constantly seeking experts in the field who can develop new processes and systems. Read some of our alumni stories of how our graduates have gone on to excel their careers with their UBC MEL in Clean Energy Engineering degree. Graduates of the program started in positions, such as:
- Project Manager
- Business Development
- Energy Officer
- Energy Engineer
- Energy Specialist
Get a degree from a top ranked university
UBC and its programs have cultivated a world renowned reputation and top ranking among universities. Gaining your MEL in Clean Energy Engineering degree will give you access to a network of successful individuals and associations with a well-respected institution. You will:
- be immersed in a dynamic research environment — the Clean Energy Research Centre at UBC is an international exemplar of academic and industry partnership
- learn from world-renowned Faculty of Applied Science— including Program Directors Dr. Walter Merida and Dr. Vladan Prodanovic who are recognized experts with research interests in hydrogen fuel cells, energy efficiency and energy conservation — and the Sauder School of Business
- collaborate with government and industry partners
- take courses with a cohort of like-minded peers — a group of engaged and ambitious professionals working in industries that include advanced materials manufacturing, software, urban infrastructure, naval architecture and marine engineering and more
- develop professional networks with top researchers, industry partners and motivated graduate students