Submitting Your Documents
Once you have received a conditional admission offer, it is time to send your supporting documents. Please submit your documents by the due date listed on your offer letter.
To be considered official, your transcripts must be in official university envelopes, sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution or sent via secure electronic delivery by your institution. If an official transcript does not indicate the degree name and the degree conferral date, an official copy of the degree certificate must also be submitted. Please do not submit your official transcripts until you have received a conditional admission offer.
Submit Official Transcripts by Mail:
Submit your official transcripts from every post-secondary institution you have attended full time, for one year or more. If your bachelor and/or master’s degree contains transfer credits, we also require the transcripts from the institutions where you completed transfer credits. Your offer letter will list the required transcripts. You may access your offer letter by logging into My Application.
Submit Official Electronic Transcripts:
If your institution offers this service, please ensure they send a secure site link to the UBC MEL and MHLP Professional Leadership Master’s Degrees Office at firstname.lastname@example.org We will then download your electronic transcripts via the secure, electronic delivery. Please note, we are unable to accept email attachments of any kind, even if sent directly from the issuing institution.
What should I do if I completed my degree at UBC?
Whether you studied at our Vancouver or Okanagan campus you do not need to submit your official transcripts, since we can access them through the UBC system.
What should I do if my university only issues one original copy of my transcripts and/or degree certificate?
- Make photocopies of these documents.
- Send them to the issuing university and ask them to verify that the photocopies are consistent with their records, attest that the copies are true photocopies, and stamp all pages with an official university stamp.
- Ask the university to put the attested, stamped photocopies in a sealed envelope endorsed by the Registrar.
- Mail the sealed and endorsed envelopes directly to the UBC MEL and MHLP Professional Leadership Master Degrees Office.
Please note, we cannot accept:
- Photocopies that have not been stamped, attested and endorsed, or envelopes that have been opened.
- Photocopies that have been endorsed by a lawyer, professor, notary or judge, etc.
Admissions questions? How to submit your transcripts. Review some of the processes, considerations and components towards submitting your transcripts successfully, as part of the application to the Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) and Master of Health Leadership and Policy (MHLP) degrees.
What should I do if my transcripts are not in English and my university provides translation services?
- Prepare a set of your official transcripts in their original language.
- Contact your home university’s translation services and request a certified, literal English translation. Academic records must be translated in their entirety, including any information on the reverse side of the document.
- Ask your university to place both the original and translated transcripts in a sealed envelope, and send to the UBC MEL and MHLP Professional Leadership Master Degrees Office.
What should I do if my transcripts are not in English and my university does not provide translation services?
- Request an official copy of your transcripts be sent directly from your institution to UBC MEL and MHLP Professional Leadership Master Degrees office.
- Request a second set of official transcripts to be sent to you.
- Take the second set of official transcripts to a certified, English translation service and ask them to provide a complete, literal English translation. Academic records must be translated in their entirety, including any information on the reverse side of the document.
- Ask the translation services to include the official transcripts and the certified English translation into a sealed envelope, and to endorse the envelope by signing across the seal.
- Mail the sealed and endorsed package to the UBC MEL and MHLP Professional Leadership Master Degrees office.
If you graduated from a university where English is not the language of instruction, you may need to provide results of an English language proficiency examination. If your undergraduate or master’s degree was completed outside of Canada at an English-speaking university, this must be stated on your official transcript.
Submit English Language Test Results by Mail:
Request that your testing centre mail an official report directly to the UBC MEL and MHLP Professional Leadership Master Degrees Office.
Submit TOEFL Test Results Electronically:
Log onto your online TOEFL account and go to your score reports. Select the score you wish to send, and use UBC’s institution code 0965. If you need to indicate a reason for sending the TOEFL scores, select “to enter college or university as a graduate student.”
Submit Academic IELTS Test Results Electronically:
On your IELTS application form, indicate that you would like to send your results to “The University of British Columbia – Graduate School Admissions.” You will select this on the drop-down menu. The address is 170-6371 Crescent Road, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z2.
Submit Alternative English Language Test Results by Mail:
For all other test results (CAEL, UBC English Language Institute, PTE, MELAB, CAE and CPE) request that your testing centre mail an official report directly to the UBC MEL and MHLP Professional Leadership Master Degrees Office. Photocopies of test scores are not acceptable.
As part of your conditional admission offer, before you begin your UBC MEL or MHLP program, your Program Director may request you refresh some of your academic knowledge by taking additional courses. If this is applicable to you, the last page of your offer letter will indicate your academic conditions.
Due to British Columbia’s current recommendations on physical distancing, our physical office is temporarily closed. Please send your documents to:
UBC MEL & MHLP Professional Master Degrees
Faculty of Applied Science
211 – 2386 East Mall
Your submitted application document become the property of the University and may not be returned. We do not recommend submitting irreplaceable material. Please see instructions above on submitting verified photocopies. If this is not possible, students who submit irreplaceable material may request it be returned. Please submit a request for the document to be returned when you submit the original material. Your material will be returned as soon as possible, and not later than six months after your graduation or last registration.
Contact us via email: email@example.com or phone +1 604-827-4136 (Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm Pacific Standard Time)