Be a leader in your field
The Master of Health Leadership and Policy (MHLP) in Seniors Care is designed to enable participants to lead, design and deliver comprehensive care and services for seniors in a range of community and institutional settings.
Graduates will gain in-depth knowledge about the unique health of seniors, seniors care, and business operation in seniors care facilities. The technical and leadership knowledge and skills that participants acquire can be applied in public sector, private sector and non-profit facilities — making them highly sought after service providers and leaders.
Created by educational leaders
UBC’s Faculty of Applied Science is home to one of North America’s premier nursing schools. UBC School of Nursing offers students a world-class instructional environment, with faculty who are acknowledged experts across all core subject areas in the program.
The Sauder School of Business is one of the world’s leading academic business schools. It is dedicated to rigorous, relevant and experiential teaching.
In just one year, this master’s degree will:
- immerse you in best practices in seniors care as you explore the development of care strategies, use conceptual and analytical tools and examine strategies for leading operations and maintaining quality
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- provide a dynamic learning environment that follows a project-based curriculum
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty from the UBC School of Nursing and local leaders in public and private sector practice sites
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication
Watch this video and learn more about this technical management program from our students and professors.