How Will You Benefit?
Stand out from the crowd
The MEL in Urban Systems is a unique degree that empowers you to develop the sector-relevant interdisciplinary technical skills in demand by top employers. Distinct from other programs in Canada and internationally, the MEL in Urban Systems will create technically proficient managers who have the administrative and leadership skills needed to lead multidisciplinary teams.
The Urban Systems program will differentiate you from your colleagues. You will:
- be immersed in a dynamic research environment at UBC – one of the world’s top public research universities
- learn from world-renowned faculty, including program director Dr. Martino Tran, co-director Dr. Thomas Froese, Dr. Penelope Gurstein
- collaborate with government, industry and community partners – including the City of Vancouver, BC Hydro and Stantec, who were instrumental in the design of the program
- take courses with a cohort of like-minded peers – a group of engaged and ambitious professionals working in industries that include advanced materials manufacturing, clean energy engineering, software, green bio-products, integrated water management, naval architecture and marine engineering, and seniors care
- develop professional networks with top researchers, industry partners and motivated graduate students
Take your career to the next level
Graduates of this program started in positions, such as:
- Transportation EIT
- Project Initiation Assistant Manager
Read some of our alumni stories of how our graduates have gone on to excel their careers with their UBC MEL degree.