How Will You Benefit?
Stand out from the crowd
The MEL in Integrated Water Management degree is a unique graduate degree that empowers you to develop the sector-relevant interdisciplinary technical skills in demand by top employers.
The Integrated Water Management degree will differentiate you from your colleagues. You will:
- be immersed in a dynamic research environment at UBC – one of the world’s top public research universities
- learn from world-renowned faculty from the departments of chemical and biological engineering and the department of civil engineering – including Program Director Dr. Susan Baldwin, Co-Director Dr. Ziad Shawwash and Dr. Greg Lawrence
- collaborate with industry partners who were instrumental in the design of the program
- take courses with a cohort of like-minded peers – a group of engaged and ambitious professionals working in industries that include advanced materials manufacturing, clean energy engineering, software, green bio-products, naval architecture and marine engineering, and urban systems
- develop professional networks with top researchers, industry partners and motivated graduate students
Take your career to the next level
Graduates of the Integrated Water Management program started in positions, such as:
- Environmental EIT
- Environmental Specialist
- President & CEO
Read some of our alumni stories of how our graduates have gone on to excel their careers with their UBC MEL degree.