How Will You Benefit?
Stand out from the crowd
The MEL in Clean Energy Engineering degree is a unique degree that empowers you to develop the sector-relevant interdisciplinary technical skills required by top employers. You will:
- be immersed in a dynamic research environment – the Clean Energy Research Centre at UBC is an international exemplar of academic and industry partnership
- learn from world-renowned faculty – including Program Directors Dr. Walter Merida and Dr. Vladan Prodanovic who are recognized experts with research interests in hydrogen fuel cells, energy efficiency and energy conservation
- collaborate with industry partners who were instrumental in the design of the program
- take courses with a cohort of like-minded peers – a group of engaged and ambitious professionals working in industries that include advanced materials manufacturing, software, urban infrastructure, naval architecture and marine engineering and more
- develop professional networks with top researchers, industry partners and motivated graduate students
Take your career to the next level
Graduates of the Clean Energy Engineering program started in positions, such as:
- Project Manager
- Business Development
- Energy Officer
- Energy Engineer
- Energy Specialist
Read some of our alumni stories of how our graduates have gone on to excel their careers with their UBC MEL degree.