How Will You Benefit?
Stand out from the crowd
The MEL in Advanced Materials Manufacturing degree is a unique degree that empowers you to develop the sector-relevant interdisciplinary technical skills in demand by top employers. You will:
- be immersed in a dynamic research environment at UBC – an international leader in advanced materials manufacturing known for its deep expertise in metals and alloys, composites and associated manufacturing operations
- learn from world-renowned faculty – including Program Directors Dr. Daan Maijer and Dr. Warren Poole who are experts in their field and who regularly partner with leading organizations such as Ford, GM, Toyota, Boeing, Airbus and Bombardier
- take courses with a cohort of like-minded peers – a group of engaged and ambitious professionals working in industries that include software, clean energy, urban infrastructure, naval architecture and marine engineering and more
- develop professional networks with top researchers, industry partners and motivated graduate students
Take your career to the next level
Graduates of the Advanced Materials Manufacturing program started in positions, such as:
- Operations Project Leader
- Leader Quality Inspection
- Chemical & Materials Testing Technician
Read some of our alumni stories of how our graduates have gone on to excel their careers with their UBC MEL degree.