The Master of Health Leadership and Policy (MHLP) in Seniors Care is an intensive one-year degree program that equips you with the skills needed to improve patient outcomes and help create the future of Seniors health care.
There is a growing need for professionals able to lead, design and deliver comprehensive care and services for Seniors. Graduates of this program will combine in-depth technical knowledge with practical, hands-on leadership skills, making them highly sought after service providers and leaders.
Watch this video and learn more about this unique technical management program from our students and professors.
Propel your career forward
This unique master’s degree program will:
- immerse you in best practices in Seniors Care as you explore the development of care strategies, use conceptual and analytical tools, and examine strategies for leading operations and maintaining quality;
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain;
- provide a dynamic learning environment that follows a project-based curriculum;
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty from the UBC School of Nursing and local leaders in public and private sector practice sites; and
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication.
You are eligible for this program if you meet the MHLP admission requirements and you have:
- an undergraduate degree in nursing, social work, dietetics, occupational or physical therapy, or another related field; and
- three or more years of relevant work experience, of which one year is in Seniors care.
As a graduate of this program, you will have the technical and leadership skills to take your career to the next level.
of all workers in Canada are employed by the health-care industry
of Canada’s population is expected to be 65 and older by 2036
BC residents work in the health care and social assistance industry
Featured Faculty and Staff
DR. JUDITH LYNAM
"The curriculum helps graduates acquire the knowledge and skills they need to be leaders in providing health care for seniors."