How Will You Benefit?
Stand out from the crowd
UBC is the only centre for naval architecture and marine engineering study on the Pacific Coast of North America. The university’s MEL in Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering is a unique graduate program that empowers you to develop the sector-relevant cross-disciplinary technical skills in demand by top employers.
The MEL Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering degree will differentiate you from your colleagues. You will:
- be immersed in a dynamic research environment at UBC, one of the world’s top public research universities;
- learn from world-renowned faculty, including program directors Chris McKesson and Jon Mikkelsen;
- collaborate with industry partners, including Lloyds Register, Robert Allan Limited, Seaspan Vancouver Shipyards, Vard Marine, and others, who were instrumental in the design of the program;
- benefit from Vancouver’s strategic coastal location and strong regional marine industry;
- take courses with a cohort of like-minded peers – a group of engaged and ambitious professionals working in industries that include advanced materials manufacturing, clean energy engineering, software, green bio-products, integrated water management and urban systems; and
- develop professional networks with top researchers, industry partners and motivated graduate students.