How will you benefit?
Stand out from the crowd
The MEL in Green Bio-Products degree is a unique graduate program that empowers you to develop the sector-relevant cross-disciplinary technical skills in demand by top employers. There is no other program like this in North America.
The Green Bio-Products degree will differentiate you from your colleagues. You will:
- be immersed in a dynamic research environment at UBC;
- learn from world-renowned faculty from both the Faculty of Applied Science – including program director Mark Martinez – and the Faculty of Forestry, Canada’s largest forestry school;
- take courses with a cohort of like-minded peers – a group of engaged and ambitious professionals working in industries that include advanced materials manufacturing, software, urban infrastructure, naval architecture and marine engineering, and more;
- collaborate with industry partners who were instrumental in the design of the program; and
- develop professional networks with top researchers, industry partners and motivated graduate students.