The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Dependable Software Systems is an intensive one-year degree program for software engineers who want to explore the principles and techniques for maintaining the integrity and reliability of software systems in diverse application areas.
With their broad foundation for analyzing and addressing software dependability issues across many different industry sectors, graduates of this program will be highly sought after by employers.
Propel your career forward
This unique master’s degree program will:
- deepen your understanding of how to develop and maintain dependable systems;
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain;
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes collaborative projects with students and faculty, as well as a major capstone project enabling you to gain specific domain expertise;
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts; and
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication.
You are eligible for this program if you meet the MEL admission requirements and you have:
- an undergraduate degree in computer engineering, software engineering or computer science;
- coding proficiency; and
- three or more years of relevant work experience.
As a graduate of this program, you will have the skills to take your career to the next level – tackling complex software engineering challenges while confidently leading collaborative teams.
growth in employment opportunities for software developers by 2022
the cost of Amazon’s web services downtime in 2012
approximate budget of a software project for testing, verification and validation
Featured Faculty and Staff
DR. PHILIPPE KRUCHTEN
"What makes the MEL in Dependable Software Systems program stand out from others is that it goes far beyond purely technical training."