How Will You Benefit?
Stand out from the crowd
The MEL in Clean Energy Engineering degree is a unique graduate program that empowers you to develop the sector-relevant cross-disciplinary technical skills required by top employers.
The Clean Energy Engineering degree will differentiate you from your colleagues. You will:
- be immersed in a dynamic research environment – the Clean Energy Research Centre at UBC is an international exemplar of academic and industry partnership;
- learn from world-renowned faculty – including program directors Walter Merida and Vladan Prodanovic – who are recognized experts with research interests in hydrogen fuel cells, energy efficiency and energy conservation;
- collaborate with industry partners who were instrumental in the design of the program;
- take courses with a cohort of like-minded peers – a group of engaged and ambitious professionals working in industries that include advanced materials manufacturing, software, urban infrastructure, naval architecture and marine engineering, and more; and
- develop professional networks with top researchers, industry partners and motivated graduate students.