Apply for the Faculty of Applied Science Professional Programs online. You can save your application and continue working on it at a later time.
You will need to include the following documentation and information within your application:
- A letter of intent.
- A CV.
- Transcripts and degree certificates: Please scan both sides and upload your unofficial transcripts to the online application portal.If your transcripts are issued in a language other than English, you must scan both sides and upload your transcripts in both the original language and the English translation.If you completed your degree at UBC, you do not need to submit your transcripts as we can access them through the UBC system. Please ensure that you use your existing CWL username to submit your application as it needs to be linked to your current UBC student ID number.
- Three reference letters: You will need to include the contact information for three referees in your application. These can be related to your professional, academic, and/or volunteer experience. We do not accept personal character references.Please list the name of each referee and their contact email address within your online application. We will contact your referees directly by email, and we will ask them to provide a confidential report on your academic ability and/or professional qualifications and experience. Referees submit their letters of reference directly through our online system or by mail.You can log in to your application with the CWL username you created to check if your referees have submitted their reference. Please do not contact the program office regarding the status of your reference submissions. It is your responsibility to ensure your referees submit their references. Delays in the submission of references may cause delays in your application being reviewed.
- Results of an English language proficiency exam (if applicable): If your past post-secondary study is from a university where a language other than English was the official language of instruction, you are required to successfully complete an English language proficiency test. To expedite the application review process, you may upload a copy of your paper test results or use the self-reporting feature on the online application to indicate your test results. However, it is your responsibility to submit your official test results via one of the following methods:
- An official paper score report sent directly to the Applied Science Professional Programs Office from the testing centre, or
- Electronic submissions (only accepted for TOEFL and IELTS tests)
- TOEFL: Use the University of British Columbia’s Institution code 0965; give the reason for taking TOEFL “to enter college or university as a graduate student”
- IELTS: Use the name of institution “The University of British Columbia”; name of person/department “Graduate School Admissions”
- Proof of residency: You will need to upload a copy of the photo page of your passport or a copy of your permanent resident card.
Note: The MEL in High Performance Buildings, MEL in Resource Engineering Management and MHLP in Clinical Education are pending approval from the BC Ministry of Advanced Education and are not currently accepting applications.