Before you apply online, please review the deadlines, admission requirements and application process described below.
The one-year, full-time MEL degree and MHLP degree programs begin in January and end in December. January is the only intake date and only full-time study is available at this time. There is no summer or fall intake.
The next program intake will be in January 2018. Applications are now open. Deadlines:
- July 1, 2017, international students
- October 1, 2017, domestic students (Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada)
Students who apply before July 1 are automatically considered for a limited number of $5,000 merit-based entrance awards. You do not need to submit a separate application for these awards. Successful recipients will be notified before the program starts in January.
- An undergraduate degree with an overall average of 76 % (UBC-equivalency)
- Three years of relevant work and industry experience
- Proof of English-language proficiency if your undergraduate degree was not completed at an English-speaking university
- Proof of citizenship or Canadian permanent residency
SPECIFIC PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
- Some programs have different requirements than those outlined above, refer to the individual program pages for more details.
- Review the application checklist and make sure you have the supporting documentation needed to complete your application.
- Apply online and pay the application fee.
- Submit all additional supporting documentation for your application.
- The program directors will review all applications received. If you are successful, we aim to send you a conditional offer of admission within six weeks after the receipt of your completed submission.
- If you wish to accept our offer of admission, you must:
- submit a non-refundable $5,000 deposit to confirm your acceptance of the admission offer (this deposit will be credited to your first tuition payment);
- arrange to have your official transcripts sent directly to the Faculty of Applied Science; and
- fulfill any other conditions described in your conditional offer of admission.
- We will then send you an unconditional letter of acceptance, along with a welcome package and arrival checklist.
Note that the MHLP in Clinical Education is pending approval from the BC Ministry of Advanced Education and is not currently accepting applications.